Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Elfish Angst

Best holiday song ever? Easy. "Elf's Lament" by the Barenaked Ladies. I enjoy a little Christmas music every now and then. The sweet, gentle celebratory songs are nice and everything but they have nothing on elfish angst. If I had my way, elfish angst would rule the holiday season. Perhaps it is the Hermione in me (for those of you who don't know, I'm totally Hermione) that wants the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare to feature more prominantly in the hearts and minds of all us human folk, but have we ever stopped to consider the impact of "indenture servitude" has on our little friends? According to this song, it's not good. The Fat Man needs to be stopped. Well...actually...I still want presents sooooooooo...maybe he just needs a few guidelines. Yeah. That's the solution. Let's rock out to this tune and stand up for elfish rights today! And tomorrow. And the next day. Woo!

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment