Monday, February 1, 2010

The Paper Raincoat

Sometimes adorable comes and slaps you in the face. And you can't even be mad because, well, it's adorable. The Paper Raincoats's adorableness is SO ADORABLE that it would be a slap in the face were it not so damn cute. It is SO cute.

My favorite song is--by far--"Rewind." It's been in my head all day. It was in my head all of yesterday. It is not just in my head, it randomly comes out through my pursed lips in whistle form. Or in actual song form. And I don't even remember starting. O.o Yeah. It's awesome. :)

I'm also a huge fan of "Sympathetic Vibrations." It was on "Safe in the Sound," their first, 4-song CD, and is now on their self titled "The Paper Raincoat" CD. It's another one of those oh-my-god-I-just-drowned-in-adorable-and-don't-even-care songs. So. Much. Awesome.

I discovered The Paper Raincoat with a good friend of mine last year. We went to a Vienna Teng concert together and were initially disappointed to find that there were two whole opening acts before Vienna performed. It was a school night. We were off campus. We were SUPER excited about Vienna Teng. Then The Paper Raincoat got up and played and we were absolutely floored. Amber Rubarth is perhaps the cutest person I have ever had great pleasure of watching perform and Alex Wong is smoooooooooooooooking. Honestly, I'm pretty sure he can play every instrument and, what's more, he seems to be able to play them all at the same time. Their music, their performance, everything made for what was easily one of the most enjoyable and epic nights of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment